Thursday, August 30, 2007

Darn This Efund!

Well the good news is I did NOT dip into my efund to have to pay for shore groceries and shore spending cash, the entire week I was there, I spent under $100....so I came home with plenty of cash, and added that to efund.

So after the deposit I make tomorrow my efund will be at $900. Again, I didn't make goal of today, but I am not far off. I never, ever thought even with the extra income, that this would take this long. I am disappointed, however, we have not added to our debt at all, so I should be proud of that.

I put up some of the kids old Halloween costumes on eBay, and now thanks to Hector, I am going to check out Half.com!

I need to really make a firm budget and stick to it. I tend to be incredibly weak when hubs suggests getting take out, or ice cream. Proud though as I have lessened my trips to Walmart spending $100 on silly things, I stick to my lists and get the heck out of there.

Welcome new readers, any suggestions I am open to constructive criticism!

1 comment:

bzkdz said...

Hi, just found your blog! I have managed to stop the bleeding, although cannot seem to come up with much of a snowball yet. Oh well. One step at a time, right?

Anyway, I have a couple of suggestions. First.. getting take out. I am TERRIBLE about not wanting to cook! Buy some "pre" prepared food at the grocery store to keep in the freezer. Cheaper than takeout, easier than cooking from scratch, and a first step! Also, I didn't see anything about your dietary preferences, etc., but hillbillyhousewife.com has a lot of very easy recipes and meal suggestions. I have found that having a menu plan saves a lot.. I buy the food ahead of time, have the menu planned and it really stops me from just going out to grab take out! I use menus4moms.com, it's free and comes right to your email. recipelink.com also has lots of suggestions.

Second, buy the half gallon ice cream at the grocery store. Saves those "let's get ice cream" outings. Even if you buy more than one flavor (we have 6 in our family - going out for ice cream can cost close to $20!)

Third, are you reading HotCouponWorld.com? You'll save a ton, the people there are very helpful and can teach you a lot. Great way to save tons of money, even if you only do one store!

HTH! Good luck!