Wednesday, October 3, 2007

Sometimes Sweet is the Way to Be

About a week ago I recieved my quartly trash bill. Immediatly I was furious, they had tacked on a $10 late fee, and to my knowledge it was mailed out before the due date. I put in in my file, and walked away.

This morning I take the bills out to see what is due by 10/15.... and there is the trash bill. Due by 10/10. I start to write out the check including the fee....and then the annoyance came back. I looked through my paid bills, and found the stub from last quarter. No due date. No due date? So HOW could my payment have been late? Why was I being charged a late fee? I look online and the check was dated for 7/7/07, and cashed 07/10/07...so wth?

So, I pick up the phone, and call. I give my name, and say in my nicest voice that "I received my bill last week, and I am doing my bills today, and I am confused by something, could you help me?" She asks for my account number - I give it. "I am so sorry, I will waive that fee for you right away!"

I didn't even have to ask her to waive it.

I immediately called my girlfriend, and said Neener Neener, she has about $30 worth of late fees and they refuse to remove them....I had to cheer, you catch more flies with honey.

3 comments:

Jen said...

Good for you! Now take that $10 that you were going to send them...and put it towards your debt or savings...it may seem like a small amount...but it will add up guaranteed!

Anonymous said...

Hey great blog! Good luck with becoming debt free.

HS @ Our Debt Blog said...

I love your blog! please post more often!!

Hopefully we can help you get through your debts.