Tuesday, October 23, 2007

How I Hate This Process...

I am frustrated. I am tired of thinking about money all the time. I don't know how much hubby's next paycheck is going to be because of all the overtime he worked this past weekend. He is also still working a few hours a week at his part time job. I need to sit down, and get organized, pay my bills for the month and figure out where we stand. How come I just don't feel like we are getting anywhere?

I am letting my worries about money consume me, I sit here with the kids and play, but in my head I am crunching numbers. After they go to bed, I sit and read other blogs about other people and their debt. Then I lay in bed for about 15 minutes and worry about the future.

I just want this to be over with.

It doesn't help that my husband had a tooth ache which ended up in $273 unexpected dental bill, $60 of it being a new patient fee, which he realized later he was not actually a new patient, did he think to ask for that to be taken off the bill? No. It was all out of pocket since he has been out of dental insurance.

Hubby's car is up for inspection in November and Christmas is in December....anyone else want my money?

Sorry for the whiny post. I just needed to get it out.

3 comments:

Syd said...

Feel like that sometimes, totally consumed with budgeting thoughts. Like you everyone seems to want a piece of my pie at the moment.

On the bright side at least you are doing someting about it all. No more head in the sand or denial.
You've got a grip on it !

Mr. DebtBeater said...

I can so relate to this. I've been in a financial slump the last couple weeks after it seemed like everything was falling apart in many different directions. It's so easy just to give in to the moment and throw weeks of progress right out the window. I'm just about to step up to the plate again and really give this another go.

Unknown said...

I know it can be difficult not to think about money when you want to be out of debt . When my husband was unemployed I took it one day at a time. The difficult times are often the best teachers, and there is good to be found in all situations. Hold on to your dreams and never let them go.
When I listen to the Dave Ramsey show and people state that it took them 2 years to become debt-free. It doesn't seem like a long time. So I know it can be done. Hang in there.
If you have a hobby try indulging in that more. It might help you take your mind off of money.